FORUMS: list search recent posts

How do you determine the order in which multiple sequences are exported?

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jimmy See
How do you determine the order in which multiple sequences are exported?
on Mar 26, 2015 at 7:58:15 am

I have a batch of sequences in a bin to export overnight. I'm not totally certain whether there will be enough hours between now and the next morning when I come in for the batch to complete and while I'd like all the sequences exported by tomorrow some are more important than others.

I want to export all the sequences but manipulate the order in which they're exported such that the most important sequences are exported first ahead of the less important so if it's still going when I get back tomorrow I can just cancel anything still going and pick it up the following evening as the important ones will likely be done by then.

I'm not sure if the sort order of the bin affects the order of the export queue. I've tried listing by name with the sequences initialed with a single digit numeral and it seemed to work with '1. Sequence name' exporting before sequences 2 and 3 (ran tests with 1 frame long sequences), but then I tested this again by changing the name of '1. Sequence name' to '3. Sequence name' and swapping the existing '3. Sequence name' to '1. Sequence name'. I did not re-sort by name after this and the vertical order of the sequences as aligned in the bin rows remained the same despite the name switch. I figured this would either cause it to export the sequence at the bottom of the queue named '1. sequence name' first as that was first in the alphabetical sorting, and therefore a '1 - 2 - 3' order; or '3. sequence name' first as that was at the top of the list (because I had not re-sorted by name after changing the sequences names around) and therefore a '3 - 2 - 1' order…. Avid decided to export sequence 2….

I'm not sure what to make of that.

What determines the order?

Return to posts index

Michael Phillips
Re: How do you determine the order in which multiple sequences are exported?
on Mar 27, 2015 at 2:23:07 am

Good question. I am only guessing, but it may be by duration but I don't know if its shortest or longest first.

Michael

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]