FORUMS: list search recent posts

Resolve Roundtrip Has Overwritten Old Media

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ben Antonio
Resolve Roundtrip Has Overwritten Old Media
on Mar 25, 2015 at 6:57:26 pm

So I outputted a picture locked sequence from avid as an AAF, and in that AAF I transcoded all the media to DNxHD 175 and set the AAF to Link To. Colored in resolve fine, outputted using Resolve 11 lite's avid AAF preset.

When I imported the AAF it said there were some clip conflicts, and stupidly I hit yes to all. My timeline from Resolve came in flawlessly but here the problem.

I did not have any audio in the timeline i sent to resolve and brought back, and after i brought the timeline into AVID, a lot of my files in the original sequence are offline now. Those files that are offline also had audio in them that i need because now all i have is colored picture.

I looked in my Avid Media Files folder and, sure enough, the MXF files for the missing media is no longer there. What happened to them? I didn't overwrite anything in finder - i just took all the media that resolve kicked out and copied it to my media files folder, and it never told me it was overwriting. Is there any way to get the media back easily? Thanks

Return to posts index

Glenn Sakatch
Re: Resolve Roundtrip Has Overwritten Old Media
on Mar 26, 2015 at 2:11:01 pm

take a look in your quarantine folder

Glenn

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]