FORUMS: list search recent posts

Missing Audio Track

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dave Edwards
Missing Audio Track
on Mar 21, 2015 at 2:41:27 pm

If I import my Panasonic GH4 .MOV footage into MC7 all is well. If I colour correct in Resolve, export as DNxHD 120 to C:\Avid MediaFiles\MXF\1 I can see the three files Test, Test_A01 and Test_A02.

If I then drag the msmMMOB file into a bin in MC7 I get only the Video, Audio Track 1 and an exception message telling me that the second audio track is missing even though I can see it (and play it in an external player).

I've tried the "rebuildsequence" console command to no avail. Can anyone suggest what is going on here? My workaround is to delete the empty audio track from the timeline but this means losing a channel, of course.

Return to posts index

Michael Phillips
Re: Missing Audio Track
on Mar 21, 2015 at 3:09:21 pm

When you roundtrip to Resolve, why are conforming audio and sending it back? Just make a V only AAF/EDL for Resolve, and transcode just picture back with the updated AAF from Resolve. The AAF will link to the newly color corrected clips. Overwrite back onto a duplicated sequence of your original audio. A reminder to transcode with handles in Resolve to have some wiggle room for changes.

Michael

Return to posts index

Dave Edwards
Re: Missing Audio Track
on Mar 21, 2015 at 3:42:23 pm

Thanks, Michael.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]