FORUMS: list search recent posts

How can I relink AMA clips to the transcoded Avid Media Files clips generated by a background transcode?

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jimmy See
How can I relink AMA clips to the transcoded Avid Media Files clips generated by a background transcode?
on Mar 18, 2015 at 9:02:58 am

I want to take advantage of the AMA features of Avid to allow me to link to media via AMA, set the media to transcode to Avid Media Files in the background, work with the AMA clips in sequences and then relink every use of an AMA clip in a sequence to it's newly transcoded Avid Media Files counterpart when the background queue is done.

The media I'm working with is canon 5d quicktime h264s. I'm working on a Mac mini 2.6Ghz i7 processor with 16GB ram and external RAID storage connected via USB 3.0 interface. Avid Media Composer is version 7.0.4 and Mac OS X is 10.8.5.

I have the background queue chugging along nicely but I would like to begin working with the 5d clips while I wait and use the transcoded media later when it's done. I'm reluctant to start though until I know how and if I can relink AMA clips from sequences to the transcoded media.

Return to posts index

Chris Stevenson
Re: How can I relink AMA clips to the transcoded Avid Media Files clips generated by a background transcode?
on Mar 30, 2015 at 8:20:29 pm

I would like to do the exact same thing!

I really prefer working on Avid. But when I am in a rush and have to quickly "import" footage as AMA link, Avid/the AMA links lack the responsiveness, which I need to work intuitively and fast. But importing as MXF sometimes just takes too much time.

There should be some way to start working with the AMA-linked footage, whilst in the background let it be transcoded to the more stable MXF format - something that works well in Final Cut X, where you simply import the footage and set a checkmark at "create optimized media". Please, can anyone explain if it is possible in Avid?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]