FORUMS: list search recent posts

8.1 Frameflex Grouped Clips

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mara Auster
8.1 Frameflex Grouped Clips
on Mar 17, 2015 at 4:18:06 pm

On a project that shot 2k Alexa Prores running Avid 8.1. AMA linked then transcoded to dnx36 for offline edit. I was told to transcode everything cropped to 1080 but then the set team forgot and had been framing for the full 2k image. So, now I have one day of footage that was transcoded with the reformatting option cropped for 1080 but then found out that it was supposed to be framed for 2k so now I'm trying to resize just that footage without re-transcoding as it's already being worked with by several editors. If I right click on the clip and do the source settings it comes up with the 1080 crop and no option to resize to full frame. It appears to have cropped it and tossed that extra 10% of frame.

However, if the clips is in a timeline, I am able to use Frameflex through Effect Editor and then it does come up with the full 2k image available and can be resized. So I've been going through all cuts to find this footage and resizing clip by clip. Which I can deal with but is still very annoying.

The main issue now is that this doesn't work for grouped clips. There is no Frameflex or Color Adaptor option available in the timeline, effect editor or source settings for any grouped clips. If I change the individual clips in a timeline, they don't effect the grouped clip at all.

Anyone have thoughts or solutions?

If the information is there, why can't it just be accessed through the source settings to begin with??

Thanks!

Return to posts index

Michael Phillips
Re: 8.1 Frameflex Grouped Clips
on Mar 17, 2015 at 8:53:11 pm

If you "bake in" the transforms when creating the DNxHD proxy media, then that is lost and can only be retrieved by relinking to the sources. How it affects group clips, I don't know for sure as that has been a little hit and miss when working the two together. The other option would have been to transcode to DNxHD yet keep the "metadata" for either FrameFlex, Color, or both. In that scenario, there would still be a green dot on the clip in the timeline.

Michael

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]