FORUMS: list search recent posts

Importing Lower Thirds Into Avid

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dale Silverthorn
Importing Lower Thirds Into Avid
on Mar 12, 2015 at 4:38:21 pm

Hey there. I'm trying to import a lower third I made in Illustrator into Avid, because I find Illustrator much more intuitive than Avid's title applications. When I import the file into Avid it is no longer in the lower third; it gets centered on the frame and I have to add a keyframe to lower it to where it needs to be. Doing this for every lower third would be pretty annoying. Is there a setting I can change that will allow images to be imported exactly how they are intended to be? Is it possible this is a problem with the export settings from Illustrator?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: Importing Lower Thirds Into Avid
on Mar 12, 2015 at 6:51:42 pm

Unless your composition size matches the project size...meaning the composition size is 1920x1080 full raster, with the lower third located where you want it on screen...it will come in centered. If you only have the lower third on the screen, and the composition is the size of the lower third itself, it'll come in centered.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Dale Silverthorn
Re: Importing Lower Thirds Into Avid
on Mar 17, 2015 at 8:31:44 pm

Hi Shane, thank you for replying. My project resolution in Avid was 1920x1080 and my AI project resolution was also 1920x1080. I could not for the life of me figure out why the lower third graphic (created in the lower third of the 1920x1080 frame of course) would get squashed into the center of the frame on import into Avid.

I changed my strategy. Rather than 'exporting' the AI project as a png as I thought I should, I chose "Save for Web" and then imported it into Avid. It turned out exactly how I wanted it, with the lower third name key now showing up where intended. So, it seems I was having an Illustrator problem rather than an Avid problem.

Thanks for taking the time to reply!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]