FORUMS: list search recent posts

Moving shots between projects

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ross Spears
Moving shots between projects
on Mar 11, 2015 at 5:27:11 pm

I am sure that this will sound dumb, but I cannot recall how to move a shot that was digitized mistakingly into one project into the proper project. It was done a year or so ago by an assistant and I cannot recognize where it is in the hard drives or the Avid Media folders. I would greatly appreciate some info about how to do that!

Thanks, Ross

Never Give Up

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: Moving shots between projects
on Mar 11, 2015 at 7:59:17 pm

Open the project that shot is currently in. Make a new bin...drag the shot clip into that bin. Save it. Copy that bin to the new project. This is all you need to do if all of your media for various projects is on one drive.

BUT, if you want the media on another drive...do the above, and
click on the clip you have in that new bin and choose REVEAL FILE from the FILE menu. Copy the files to the new drive, in the Avid MediaFiles>MXF>numbered folder.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Pat Horridge
Re: Moving shots between projects
on Mar 12, 2015 at 8:08:07 am

You can move a master clip in a bin to a different project. You can even reveal the media files and physically relocate them. But take care if they are Avid media files that they are in a valid location. But the media will still be showing as belonging to tge project it was created in in Media tool.
Use consolidate or transcode in the new project to make new media that belongs to that new project.

Pat Horridge
Technical Director, Trainer, Avid Certified Instructor
Free online Tutorials at VET digital media academy online http://vimeo.com/channels/752951
VET
Production Editing Digital Media Design DVD
T +44 (0)20 7505 4701 | F +44 (0)20 7505 4800 | E pat@vet.co.uk |
http://www.vet.co.uk | Lux Building 2-4 Hoxton Square London N1 6US

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]