FORUMS: list search recent posts

Seperate Media Folders within Avid MediaFiles

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Don Mick
Seperate Media Folders within Avid MediaFiles
on Mar 5, 2015 at 5:12:48 am

Hello again folks,

I'm working on some projects with some people but notice that all of their media tends to end up in the '1' folder. I was always taught to give your project a unique media folder number other than 1 or 2, then always copy media into that folder after transcoding/consolidating/importing. That way, all media isn't in one giant folder, especially if you have several projects on the machine.

does this methodology still work on avid mc 8?

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: Seperate Media Folders within Avid MediaFiles
on Mar 5, 2015 at 5:25:34 am

Very possible:

http://lfhd.net/2015/02/10/avid-mc-advanced-tip-organizing-media/

Note that Any new imports or renders will automatically go into the "1" folder. If you don't have one, if all of your folders are named, then Avid will make one and put the renders in there.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Glenn Sakatch
on Mar 5, 2015 at 3:23:29 pm

I still separate all my media. Takes some effort to keep it organized, especially if you switch projects a lot, but makes archiving much easier.

Glenn

Return to posts index

Eric Santiago
on Mar 10, 2015 at 1:59:20 pm

Is the 5000 file folder limit still in effect?

Im not sure when I was told but it was Avid support that put that in my head.

Return to posts index

JD Marlow
on Mar 10, 2015 at 4:55:42 pm

One method I've employed over the years is to partition my working drive or RAID in order to keep things separated. So if you have a project with footage you shot, graphics, and music or VO, make a partition for each one as you see fit and make sure to import media to the right volume upon ingest. It's really easy to unmount media later and move it around knowing the right stuff is in the right place.

Additionally, this makes AMA re-linking easy by just unmounting a volume with your low res media and pointing your sequence to relink to a different volume.

JD Marlow
jd@jdmarlow.com
http://www.jdmarlow.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]