FORUMS: list search recent posts

AMA-Linking C300 footage in Avid MC 8.3 without INDEX files?

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
John Northrup
AMA-Linking C300 footage in Avid MC 8.3 without INDEX files?
on Feb 26, 2015 at 6:31:30 pm

Hello,

I was given a few drives full of C300 media that had been heavily rearranged. I rebuilt the folder structure (Card > CONTENTS > CLIPS001) and added the INDEX files wherever they existed (about 20% of the footage). I successfully AMA-linked / consolidated any footage that still had an INDEX file, but I cannot link to the rest of the media from Avid.

The only way I can get it into the project is by a direct import, which is time-consuming and ties up Avid. Furthermore, without the INDEX file, the clips come in segments (i.e. they're not sewn back together on import).

Does anyone know a way around this problem? Or is there no hope once the INDEX files have been deleted?

Thank you.

John

Return to posts index

Mark Spano
Re: AMA-Linking C300 footage in Avid MC 8.3 without INDEX files?
on Feb 26, 2015 at 7:54:46 pm

You should still be able to AMA link the individual MXFs, using the MXF (generic) AMA plugin. However, I know no solution to having them come in as spanned clips again instead of individually, which is a drag.

Return to posts index

John Northrup
on Feb 26, 2015 at 10:08:24 pm

Thanks, I am able to AMA link them now. I had "autodetect AMA plug-in" selected when it wasn't working. Still not spanned, but at least able to consolidate in background.

Return to posts index

Michael Phillips
on Feb 27, 2015 at 2:54:07 pm

Autodetect does not work well at all with any format expecting to use a card structure of folder hierarchy. Always select actual plug-in to avoid madness.

Michael

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]