FORUMS: list search recent posts

Cloning a clip in Avid WITHOUT keyboard modifier

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
JD Marlow
Cloning a clip in Avid WITHOUT keyboard modifier
on Feb 24, 2015 at 1:05:49 am

Hi everyone,

I have a very specific question, which I'm hoping someone knows the answer to.

I am trying to CLONE clips in Avid (the process of holding ALT/OPTION + dragging a clip to a new bin). I find it's a brilliant way to work if you want clips in more than one bin and make sure metadata carries across everything. To be clear, this is NOT the same as Duplicating a clip (COMMAND + D).

Unfortunately, I have a snag, which is that using the remote connect software I use (GoToMyPC) the ALT/OPTION modifier isn't working for some reason. So I cannot properly CLONE clips using that software. Does anyone know of any other way in Avid to CLONE a clip without using that keyboard modifier? Can this be re-maped somehow?

JD Marlow
jd@jdmarlow.com
http://www.jdmarlow.com

Return to posts index

Kevin Murphy
Re: Cloning a clip in Avid WITHOUT keyboard modifier
on Feb 24, 2015 at 7:35:56 pm

I'm not sure I follow. How is cloning a clip different from duplicating one?

Return to posts index

Michael Hancock
on Feb 24, 2015 at 8:04:58 pm

When you duplicate a clip they are separate master clips. So if you change the name of one clip the duplicate doesn't change.

With a clone the metadata is linked, so if you change the name of one it changes the name of the clone.

Regarding doing it without a mouse - I don't think you can. Would be a great feature request though.

----------------
Michael Hancock
Editor

Return to posts index

JD Marlow
on Mar 10, 2015 at 4:56:54 pm

Agreed that would be an awesome feature request. One suggestion that was made to me was to duplicate the bin and then move the clips around from the duplicate bin. Tedious, but possible.

JD Marlow
jd@jdmarlow.com
http://www.jdmarlow.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]