FORUMS: list search recent posts

Import DPX into Avid

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Sarah Furie
Import DPX into Avid
on Feb 20, 2015 at 12:31:22 am

Is there any way to see DPX files in Avid? Seems like in Media Composer 7 I cannot import or AMA link them. I have not found any plugin that works either. The only conversion software that seems to work is AJA DPX to QT Translator, but it can only export in 10 bit codec. I need it to do 16 bit. This is my problem solving abilities have ended. Any advice?

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: Import DPX into Avid
on Feb 20, 2015 at 12:50:20 am

There's Resolve Lite... But Avid codecs top out at 10 bit. You might be best served to convert to an Avid codec to edit, and then online with Resolve, that can export the final files you need.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Sarah Furie
on Feb 20, 2015 at 12:56:23 am

Can I convert DPX to MXFs?

Return to posts index

Michael Phillips
on Feb 20, 2015 at 1:54:54 am

Resolve will make MXF native DNxHD and lates version makes DNxHD is using MC 8.3.

Michael

Return to posts index

Simon Blackledge
on Mar 2, 2015 at 11:16:10 am

I thought MC could work with DPX sequences now ? Was shown ama link in a pre release ages ago at some demo show.

Is that not the case?

S

Return to posts index

Michael Phillips
on Mar 2, 2015 at 1:45:33 pm

The OP was asking about v7 Media Composer. DPX AMA link was introduced in v8.0 and refined in 8.2. DPX AMA export was part of the 8.3 release.

Michael

Return to posts index

JD Marlow
on Mar 10, 2015 at 4:58:06 pm

I would run the DPX through After Effects first to create DNX 444 or DNX 220x/175x to bring into Media Composer. Or, if your online house is conforming the project, have them handle bringing in the DPX sequence.

JD Marlow
jd@jdmarlow.com
http://www.jdmarlow.com

Return to posts index

Michael Phillips
on Mar 10, 2015 at 5:37:00 pm

I would still recommend using Resolve over After Effects - especially if making proxy media for MC and the final conform/correction will be from the DPX. Make native MXF wrapped DNxHD/Hr of your choice with or without LUTs, or uses ASS CDL, etc depending on color management needed.

Michael

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]