FORUMS: list search recent posts

Avid transcoding

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Nathalie Moussa
Avid transcoding
on Feb 18, 2015 at 8:00:02 pm

Hello,
I shot my film with a Canon C300, i transcoded my files to DNX 36 in order to edit easily with small files, however, now I want to re-transcode the edited sequence into 1:1 10b to have the best quality for the coloring. Is it possible to transcode a previously transcoded sequence? or I should create a new track and edit the project again and transcode the files into 1:1 10b?
Thank yoou

Return to posts index

Michael Hancock
Re: Avid transcoding
on Feb 18, 2015 at 8:30:11 pm

Duplicate your sequence. Relink the duplicate sequence to your C300 footage. Transcode the relinked C300 sequence. But 1:1 10-bit is overkill. Isn't the C300 only an 8-bit camera?

----------------
Michael Hancock
Editor

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Feb 18, 2015 at 9:23:37 pm

It is an 8-bit camera. DNx175 is a good choice, or 145 (depending on the frame rate). 175X is 10-bit, and that is fine.

OR...if you want lossless, just relink to the original source and consolidate. The C300 shoots XDCAM 422 in the MXF format. If you consolidate, you simply make it into Avid MXF media (no recompressing) and put it into the Avid media file structure. Zero quality loss.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Nathalie Moussa
on Feb 18, 2015 at 11:39:29 pm

I tried to relink but each time i get interrupted by "A serious problem has occured. It is recommended to restart the system".

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]