FORUMS: list search recent posts

Using SUBCAP for multiple languages

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ofir Raul Graizer
Using SUBCAP for multiple languages
on Feb 17, 2015 at 12:42:48 pm

hey everyone, I've been breaking my head a bit trying to figure that out. I have a timeline with subcap-created subtitles, it is very convenient for me to change the text itself, the location on the seq and so forth since I am working on a project with foreign language.
I wish to add now another track with subtitles with a different language but seem to fail. I tried to copy all the clips in the subtitles track to a new track and there re-edit the text in the Master List, but it seems to be continuing after the other text, and on the timeline you see both subtitles without option to simply turn off one of them. I tried creating a new track and bring the a new subcap from the effect palate but it seems again to be connected to the one that already exists. i saw some images of Media Composer timelines with different subtitles Tracks made in Subcap but I couldn't find one tutorial that explains that. maybe it is something in the preferences of the clip, I've tried several things but couldn't. Any ideas how to do that? I wish to avoid using another program, start using import-export, plugins and all that cause it makes the workflow really slow. I would appreciate ideas or references, thanks a lot...

Return to posts index

Michael Phillips
Re: Using SUBCAP for multiple languages
on Feb 17, 2015 at 2:04:42 pm

I believe if you make a copy of the clips, they still relate to each other when making changes. I am not sure, but that seems to be the issue based on your description. SubCap is another example of a solution that had a promising start, but has never been updated or refined, so one has to work within its limitations. When you do, it works fairly well.

One thing I would try is exporting your current SubCap track and then add a new SubCap effect to an upper track and import the file back in creating new SubCap events on the timeline which should now be unique and able to be edited without affecting other clips.

I also not believe that "mute clip" new in v8 applies to the SubCap effect which would allow you to turn off and on the individual subtitle, but I may be wrong. Using one of the smarttool red/yellow arrows, select a SubCap effect and right-click - is there a mute clip selection available?

Michael

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]