FORUMS: list search recent posts

Preimere Pro CS6 edl to Media composer 5

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Moses Ross
Preimere Pro CS6 edl to Media composer 5
on Feb 13, 2015 at 6:57:40 am

I'm doing a project which is shot in 5D markIII . I started my editing in Premiere pro cs6. But when I do the playback the footage hangs so badly and I find it to hard to make the edit in CS6 so I took the edl of the edited footage from CS6 and imported it in Media composer 5 but it dose not open. Can someone please suggest me some way to continue my editing either in premiere pro CS6 or Media composer 5.

The EDL is exported CMX3600 format.

Is it possible to stop the hanging of the footage while playback .

Return to posts index

John Pale
Re: Preimere Pro CS6 edl to Media composer 5
on Feb 13, 2015 at 11:45:55 am

Try exporting an AAF. It's better than an EDL anyway.

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Feb 13, 2015 at 4:47:52 pm

Although getting Avid to see that media, link to it...will be tricky. Because Avid likes Avid media, in the Avid media structure. And to AMA the media, you need to AMA it in Avid. Bringing in the sequence won't make Avid automatically AMA it. I'm not sure what to do about that...I might have to tinker with doing this myself to see what I can come up with.

Shane

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

John Pale
on Feb 13, 2015 at 9:31:33 pm

Yes...re-reading the original post, Moses is attempting to do this with MC 5, which has far less robust Relink features than current versions. He may have to try and do this with Batch Import rather than AMA.

Honestly, I would stick it out with Premiere Pro, but transcode to Pro Res or Avid DNX and see if that helps.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]