FORUMS: list search recent posts

Media Composer freezes for a few seconds after Quick Transition

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jerry Sneede
Media Composer freezes for a few seconds after Quick Transition
on Feb 3, 2015 at 6:18:49 pm

I'm on MC 7 coming from FCP so I'm not sure if this is normal.

After coming out of the Quick Transition window I can't do anything on the timeline for about 5 seconds (even if I just hit Cancel). I've noticed this is only the case on longer timelines. The one I'm working on now is 16 minutes long and has 5 video tracks and two audio tracks. Video frames off. It doesn't make a difference if the Effects Icons are on or off or the waveforms on or off. Is this normal? I hope not!

Thanks.

Return to posts index

Jerry Sneede
Re: Media Composer freezes for a few seconds after Quick Transition
on Feb 3, 2015 at 9:37:40 pm

Update - this freeze happens when coming out of any window, like the render effect window.

Return to posts index

Amelia Cragle
on Feb 5, 2015 at 4:35:37 am

Create a bin called "Quick Transitions" and keep it open whenever you're using this tool. Weird, I know!

Return to posts index

Jerry Sneede
on Feb 5, 2015 at 3:03:55 pm

Wow - I thought maybe you didn't understand my question, but I opened the bin and it worked. This will speed things up considerably!

Maybe you can answer another question. I know about the shift-alt up/down arrows to quickly adjust audio 1 db. On FCP, there's a copy/paste attributes I use to quickly match audio levels from one track to the next. Is there something like this in AVID?

Return to posts index

Amelia Cragle
on Feb 5, 2015 at 4:09:54 pm

Yep! If you open your Audio Mixer tool, you can set the pan and levels globally across all tracks using the hamburger menu. You might be able to do this to specific tracks instead of setting them all, but I'm not that familiar.

Return to posts index

Steve Plummer
on Feb 11, 2015 at 8:02:18 pm

Hi Amelia,

Can you explain your "Quick Transition" bin fix in a little more detail. I am interested in what is going on here. Thanks!

Steve

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]