FORUMS: list search recent posts

Reconnecting Avid Bin and Media

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ted Machilles
Reconnecting Avid Bin and Media
on Feb 3, 2015 at 12:55:07 am

I've done this before a number of times with very little problem but for some reason I can't get it to work now. Maybe it has something to do with being on Newscutter 10 now versus being on MC 6 before.

I've received an Avid Bin and Media from a client on a drive. It's just that, a folder with the bin and media.

I created a project on the drive, loaded up some other media so that it would create the Avid MediaFiles directory for me and I couldn't go wrong. I then cut and paste the .mxf files to the Avid MediaFiles > 1 location.

After this I copied the bin to the project folder. It popped up in the project, but the media reads as offline. I tried using the Media Tool to see it but I couldn't get it to work that way either.

Am I forgetting something? The drive location lists clearly the computer they pulled it off of. I have a TON of material more that's being delivered this way. Any advice?

Thanks in advanced.

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: Reconnecting Avid Bin and Media
on Feb 3, 2015 at 1:00:08 am

Delete the .mdb and .pmr files from the MXF>1 folder. Avid will now rebuild the media database and should include what you added.

And it is on the correct file path of Hard drive>Avid MediaFiles>MXF>1, correct?

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Ted Machilles
on Feb 3, 2015 at 1:04:54 am

Hey Shane, thanks for the suggestion but no cigar. It did rebuild the database but the clip is still offline.

Media is within the 1 folder just like so:

Hard drive>Avid MediaFiles>MXF>1>EXAMPLECLIP.mxf

Return to posts index

Ricky Barrow
on Feb 5, 2015 at 12:40:46 pm

Try adding the media to a new folder "2" and after booting Avid see if it scanned the folder by looking for newly created .mdb and .pmr files.

Ricky

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]