FORUMS: list search recent posts

Consolide/Transcode not linking question

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jerry Sneede
Consolide/Transcode not linking question
on Jan 30, 2015 at 7:41:58 pm
Last Edited By Jerry Sneede on Jan 30, 2015 at 7:48:20 pm

I'm coming from FCP recently, so forgive my ignorance on this. I've started working on a project on AVID from another editor who began working with imported and AMA linked files, then halfway though decided to consolidate/transcode some of the AMA files.

Now I'm trying to restore this project from backup. I've had no trouble batch relinking all the imported files, but can't seem to relink the files that were transcoded in the middle of the project. After not being able to relink I tried to re consolidate/transcode the original files. These new files were created with the same names as the clips in the sequence, but the clips in the sequence are still showing as off line. Thanks for any insight into this.

Also - is this the same thing that would happen during the background transcode?
Also - Is there a better way to archive projects?

Return to posts index

Glenn Sakatch
Re: Consolide/Transcode not linking question
on Feb 1, 2015 at 5:40:25 pm

Please confirm where the backup files are living- drive path, folder structure.

As well, is there an Avid database file in with those backed up files.

If so, have you tried dragging the database into a new bin within your project to see what media is available.

Before you worry about the relinking working or not, it might be best to make sure you actually have all the media you think you have, and will need.

Glenn

Return to posts index

Michael Phillips
Re: Consolide/Transcode not linking question
on Feb 3, 2015 at 1:59:51 pm

As per previous, I would also try copying the new files to their own numbered folder in the Avid MediaFiles/MXF/ folder structure to better manage this issue. Copy then to a "2" or "10" etc. Delete the MSM file so they rebuild, launch MC. If still not visible, navigate to that folder and import the mob MSM file as suggested which should populate the bin with the master clips.

Michael

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]