FORUMS: list search recent posts

29.97fps project to 24

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Olivier Prudhomme
29.97fps project to 24
on Jan 29, 2015 at 5:03:10 pm

I have a complexe sequence created in in 29.97fps that needs to be converted to 24fps.

Is it possible?

Thx

Los Angeles - TV Promo Editor - FCP - AVID

Return to posts index

Michael Phillips
Re: 29.97fps project to 24
on Jan 29, 2015 at 5:33:55 pm

The first thing to try is duplicating that sequence, put it into its own bin, then open that bin in a 23.976 project. When in the 23.976 project, opening that sequence in the record monitor will prompt you to do a conversion. Do so, and it will create a new sequence at 23.976 that has motion adapters on all the events (Mix and Match).

I believe it defaults to a blending mode type of motion effect which will be hit and miss quality wise compared to hardware based conversions like Snell & Wilcox, Teranex, etc.

There will also be quality differences if original sources were 29.97 progressive or interlace, or with pulldown if they originated from 23.976 sources to star with. This method gives you individual control over each event which may be helpful if there are different forms of 29.97.

If not, and it is all of the same frame rate and flavor, then do a mixdown, and repeat the steps and use the mixdown instead and see how that looks. May be easier to manage, but lose the ability to make changes.

Michael

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: 29.97fps project to 24
on Jan 30, 2015 at 3:14:56 am

Note that any titles or lower thirds or keyed items WILL NOT convert. you'll get an error that the process couldn't be completed. So you need to first clear all of your titles and keyed graphics, and then convert the sequence, and add them back in manually later.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]