FORUMS: list search recent posts

AMA Linking problem

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Richard Browne
AMA Linking problem
on Jan 29, 2015 at 4:18:46 pm

Hello folks,

Hoping you can help me with a problem. We're running MC 7.0.3. I'm trying to AMA link in some footage. Every time I try, a bin opens up but does not populate with clips. According to the MC Console, it hasn't failed:

Link To AMA Volume -> M:\Projects\2014\UNI\Confucius event\Rushes\
MVP Used:[ Plugin Name = MVP_MSP_SonyXDCAMEX_64bit Sony Corporation Version = 1.9001 ]
MSP Used:[ Plugin Name = MVP_MSP_SonyXDCAMEX_64bit Sony Corporation Version = 1.9001 ]

however no clips appear.

I have re-installed XDCam AMA 3.32, I've also tried re-installing MC 7.0.3. I can still use Content Browser for Export for NLE but AMA is our preferred workflow. Within Avid I've tried creating a new project and AMA-linking to it, I've tried deleting previously opened bins without effect. I've tried altering the AMA Settings to populate an open bin rather than creating new, I've also enabled and disabled Automatic AMA Volume Mounting.

Anyone have any ideas how to revive AMA linking here? Am I (probably) missing something glaringly obvious?

Cheers
Richard

Edit: Camera: Live:
3 x MC6 MojoDX 3 x EX1 1 x BMD Atem 2ME
2 x HPZ800 3 x BRCZ700 1 x BMD TVS
1 x HPxw8600 2 x HVR 1A 2 x Anycast A500

Return to posts index

Michael Phillips
Re: AMA Linking problem
on Jan 29, 2015 at 5:37:07 pm

Can you successfully link to a single essence file within the Clip folder? If so, then go back to the folder AMA version, and make sure you are at the right level of folder selection. Also check to make sure there are no illegal characters in any of the folder names at any level of the folder structure being linked. Slashes (/) being the most common culprit.

Michael

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]