FORUMS: list search recent posts

Avid Media Composer 2 Monitor Issue

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Shawn Harrison
Avid Media Composer 2 Monitor Issue
on Jan 28, 2015 at 8:06:25 pm

I am new to Avid and I am doing a video class. I want to have Avid running in my main monitor which is 1440p and then in my HDTV 1080p screen I would like to run the video tutorials. However, when I start Avid up, it stretches across both screens in one long rectangle and it looks strange. When I manually try to alter it, I can't get all the windows to move and some are off screen. Also, there are various other bugs like the glitches.

After doing some goggling I read that Avid doesn't play well with different types of resolutions on screens. However, they were old posts and old versions of Avid. I am on the latest version and I was wondering if someone can help me correct this. I don't understand why FCP or Premiere does this automatically but AVID can't handle it...

Again, I just want to have Avid open and function on my 1440p screen and then run the tutorials on my TV. Thanks!

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: Avid Media Composer 2 Monitor Issue
on Jan 29, 2015 at 5:30:10 am

How are you connecting to both screens?

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Shawn Harrison
Re: Avid Media Composer 2 Monitor Issue
on Jan 29, 2015 at 5:34:33 am

The TV is HDMI and the 1440p monitor is display port.

However, I decided to just work off the 1440p monitor but I am getting no playback in the composer window. I made another thread here. Thanks.

https://forums.creativecow.net/readpost/45/899689

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]