FORUMS: list search recent posts

Film style shaky image - howto?

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Lior Aouate
Film style shaky image - howto?
on Jan 22, 2015 at 9:56:12 am

Hello,

I am trying to create the shaky image that movies shot on film have (see example here:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ab3B56azAbA&hd=1).

Any insight on how to recreate this on AMC 8?

Return to posts index

Ricky Barrow
Re: Film style shaky image - howto?
on Jan 22, 2015 at 1:10:19 pm

Try BCC Film Process (camera jitter and flicker). Could also look at New Blue Film Express and BCC Film Damage for other added effects.

Ricky

Return to posts index

Lior Aouate
on Jan 22, 2015 at 2:47:18 pm

Where is it exactly?

I have BCC Film Style. Inside I have Deinterlace, Film damage, Film glow, Film grain, Film process and Match grain.

Return to posts index

James Patterson
on Jan 22, 2015 at 2:42:27 pm

A nice way to add natural movement to a shot is to use the stabilise effect on a shot that has the kind of movement you'd like to recreate. Once it has corrected the clip you can drag a copy of the effect to a bin. Now when you apply the effect to another shot instead of stabilising, it will add the movement instead (This works particularly well when you want to give a shot a handheld or sniper quality). As for film grain and noise i thinks it's best to find alphas to use instead of plugins.

Best

Paddy

Return to posts index

Lior Aouate
on Jan 22, 2015 at 2:53:30 pm

Thing is, I'm not looking for the film grain and noise look, but the very subtle movement you have in film, even in still images.

It's hard to explain without seeing it, that's why I posted a link to the movie La Jetee, which is composed of still images.

Return to posts index

James Patterson
on Jan 22, 2015 at 3:09:34 pm

You could rip the film from youtube, bring it into avid and use the stabilise effect as i explained above.

Best

Paddy

Return to posts index

Lior Aouate
on Jan 22, 2015 at 3:16:52 pm

It would work, even though the movements are so subtle?

Return to posts index

James Patterson
on Jan 22, 2015 at 4:26:33 pm

Don't see why not, the movement doesn't seem that subtle. just try it and see. You might have to have to play with the smoothing controls but a lot of the time you get good results straight out of the box.

Best

Paddy

Return to posts index

Lior Aouate
on Jan 22, 2015 at 4:47:48 pm

No success.

The film resolution is 720 by 432, so when I use stabilize effect, most of the screen is black and it analyses the black also.

Afterwards I did what you said by using the effect on the the still image I have, but there's no apparent difference, maybe because of the black it analyzed.

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Jan 22, 2015 at 4:38:31 pm

That subtle movement is someone hand holding the camera as they shoot, opposed to having it on a tripod. If you want that look...shoot hand held. Now, for times that we have footage on sticks, and we want that look, or if I need to freeze frame something but make it look like it's still rolling, I use...oh...Sapphire Shake. Yeah, that's part of a $2800 set of plugins. Hmmm....

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Lior Aouate
on Jan 22, 2015 at 4:42:16 pm

It is not. The film is composed of still photos. So 1 photo is stretched each time to last few seconds. It was never shoot with a film camera but with a stills camera.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]