FORUMS: list search recent posts

Is an FCP style Edit with Transition possible in AVID?

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jerry Sneede
Is an FCP style Edit with Transition possible in AVID?
on Jan 20, 2015 at 7:51:15 pm

In FCP I'm used to assigning a dissolve length, say 12 frames, to a favorite, setting that as the default, then using Edit with Transition. It's not a big deal, but it does save some time.

Is there anything like this in AVID?

Thanks!

Return to posts index

James Patterson
Re: Is an FCP style Edit with Transition possible in AVID?
on Jan 22, 2015 at 3:02:50 pm

If you make a bin called 'quick transitions' and put custom transitions inside they will be added to your list when you select 'quick transition' it's not one button but it's a good way to have a batch of options at hand. if you do drop a 12 frame dissolve down on a clip the next time you open quick transition it should remember what you just used.

Best

Paddy

Return to posts index

William Busby
on Jan 23, 2015 at 4:08:53 am

btw... I believe the bin is case sensitive, Quick Transitions, if all lower case I don't think it will work as intended

Return to posts index

Jerry Sneede
on Jan 23, 2015 at 5:42:34 pm

That's great to know, thanks!

Another question - In FCP there's a keyboard shortcut for lower or raise audio on a track 1 or 10 db. Is there any such thing in AVID? Looks like you have to go into the mixer each time.

- D

Return to posts index

Christopher Travis
on Jan 28, 2015 at 6:47:28 pm

There isn't a shortcut for adjusting my multiple Db at a time but if you're in MC7 or later (I think), you can adjust the gain on clips on active tracks by 1Db at a time, with opt+down arrow. That's from memory though, it might not be right. If not, hopefully someone can correct me.

Return to posts index

Bill Stephan
on Jan 22, 2015 at 6:10:21 pm

Set up a 12 frame dissolve on an edit in the timeline. Then, in the effect editor window, drag the purple effect icon at the top into a bin. Rename the effect in the bin so you know what it is. To use the effect, just drag it from the bin and drop on an edit in the timeline. This is a great method to deal with complicated effects that mmust be used multiple times.

Bill Stephan
Senior Editor/DVD Author
USA Studios
New York City

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]