FORUMS: list search recent posts

EDL Manager Problem

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Sarah Furie
EDL Manager Problem
on Jan 20, 2015 at 6:49:20 pm

There are some sequences where I can open the EDL Manager in Avid, and click Open, find the bin I want, find the sequence and it makes an EDL. There have been a few sequences where it says "File is not valid and cannot be read." I have yet to find out what the problem is. I have tried different settings and still nothing. Is there any EDL problem solving? I have tried the sequence is a different bin, with different timecode and still will not create an EDL.

Return to posts index

Michael Phillips
Re: EDL Manager Problem
on Jan 20, 2015 at 9:04:26 pm

What version of MC are you using?

Michael

Return to posts index

Rosie Walunas
Re: EDL Manager Problem
on Jan 24, 2015 at 3:02:47 pm

I make EDLs this way as well. You've probably done all this, but just in case. Do a hard shut down and start up. I'd make sure your sequence starts at 01;00;00;00. I'd have all the tracks selected with in and out points on the seq. I'd try cutting the timeline into a new timeline as well as a new Bin with a simple name. Have nothing else in that Bin. Render. Save. Close out of Avid entirely. Then Open Bin. You could even try create a new project with a new Bin in there and move the seq into there and open it that way. Sorry if you already tried all this! You never know.

Good luck.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]