FORUMS: list search recent posts

export .mov coming up choppy

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Miles Meckling
export .mov coming up choppy
on Jan 20, 2015 at 7:08:23 am

Hello,
I shot on a panasonic gh2 with very limited knowledge about the camera. It defaulted to the AVCHD format (.mts)format. After sometime I finally figured out how to import the footage into avid using the avchd plug in. I was unclear as to the settings of the footage so it was difficult to know how to set the project settings.

Regardless, for the export settings I settled on a custom quicktime. I've been trying to use the DNxHD codec with multiple settings and the results are always the same. The audio is fine, but the video is very choppy and slow. I've also tried just exporting 'same as source', but to no avail. Please help. My deadline is today!

Thanks!

Return to posts index

Michael Phillips
Re: export .mov coming up choppy
on Jan 20, 2015 at 2:16:42 pm

What are the requirements of the export? DMxHD, ProRes, H.264? Each have their own use depending on where the file is going next in the process. Also, which DNxhD codec rate are you using? 175? 115? Perhaps your computer and drive cannot keep up with the higher data rates?

Michael

Return to posts index

Miles Meckling
on Jan 21, 2015 at 12:36:29 am

Thanks for getting back with me. The export is not going to any other program after this. I'm putting it on a drive and sending it to my client so he can show it as a promo. It just needs to be as a high of a quality as I can get it. I also just attempted to export w/DNxhD settings of 1080p/23.976 36 8-bit. That came up with the same results. I don't believe that would be my computer would it? I'm quite new to this so any ideas are appreciated?

Return to posts index

Miles Meckling
on Jan 21, 2015 at 12:39:13 am

Another thought: all of the clips I used for this project were .MTS files. Could this have something to do with it?

Return to posts index

Michael Phillips
on Jan 21, 2015 at 12:52:41 am

Open the DNxHD clip you exported in MPEG Streamclip (free) and export an H.264 version and see if that plays. Your origination format has no impact on your export format as it went through a transcode already.

Michael

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]