FORUMS: list search recent posts

ScriptSync, dailies, and Groups

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Rene Caballero
ScriptSync, dailies, and Groups
on Jan 19, 2015 at 10:17:49 pm

Thanks in advanced to anyone who can supply some help.

Let me begin by saying that I'm not very experienced with Avid. I've only used it a few times. Mainly, I've used it to play back some clips that I was transcribing and that's pretty much it. I've recently been asked to use ScriptSync to sync up the dailies with a script. Although I'm not very experienced with Avid I was asked to do this because it's a relatively easy task to perform. I watched a few tutorials online about how to use ScriptSync and they all said basically the same thing. So on day one I synced the masterclips from the dailies to where they corresponded on the script. But apparently the editors would prefer that I sync up the script using the "Groups." They've said that the individual takes are not as helpful since they cut from the groups. Does this mean that instead of opening the bins with the masterclips and syncing those clips to the script I should instead open the bin titled "Groups" and sync the clips inside? Or does it mean I should sync an entire group (with all its clips) at once? And if so, how would I go about doing so? I'm sorry if something's not clear. Like I said, I'm very new to Avid and I might not be explaining myself as clearly as I could were I more experienced.

Return to posts index

Michael Phillips
Re: ScriptSync, dailies, and Groups
on Jan 20, 2015 at 2:14:23 pm

It means that rather than dropping each of the individual clips onto the script for syncing, you just drop the group clip instead. So for a 4 camera multicam shot, instead of 4 clips needing to be synced and managed, there is only the one group clip. Once dropped on the script, proceed as you normally would.

Michael

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]