Avid Media Composer 8 Blend Modes

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ashley Edwards
Avid Media Composer 8 Blend Modes
on Jan 17, 2015 at 2:20:44 pm

Hi guys,
I'm an editor coming from premiere pro.
I'm cutting a music video in Avid and have a selection of light leak effects that I want to blend over the top of the footage in certain places - But I can't seem to find a way to do it.
From extensive googling it seems that the only way to do a simple 'screen' blend mode is to spend nearly $700 on Boris Red?

Please tell me that this isn't true?

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: Avid Media Composer 8 Blend Modes
on Jan 17, 2015 at 7:06:35 pm

Wish I could. The only plugin packages for Avid that offer blend modes are Boris Continuum Complete, Boris Red (BCC is $2000) and Sapphire (Sapphire is REALLY expensive at $2800).

Avid's PAINT EFFECT has a couple BLEND MODES available...but it's very limited. Hmmm....let me see if it allows for the effect you are attempting.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

David Powell
on Jan 17, 2015 at 9:49:55 pm

Try the superimpose effect under the "blend" effects. You can use the curves in the CC mode to correct it. Then save the that combo of the two for later use. And drop it on your light leaks. Not the same as composite modes, but unfortunately that was lost with the dropping of Avid FX.

Return to posts index

Rosie Walunas
on Jan 24, 2015 at 2:56:54 pm

You might be able to Import the transition media and utilize the alpha channel.

But check out this tutorial: "Use Flash Transitions to Stylize Your Edit in Avid Media Composer" https://www.youtube.com/watch?x-yt-cl=84503534&x-yt-ts=1421914688&v=ynsXNOB...

This pretty much shows you how to double that effect media up, apply a matte key and manipulate the layers to complete the transition effect. Info you want starts at about 5 minutes in, but it's pretty interesting overall. You don't need Boris or any 3rd party plugins.

Good luck.

Return to posts index

Joakim Gustafsson
on Sep 1, 2015 at 8:14:00 am

I've used this (link below) free blend effect and it worked just fine for me.

http://images.digitalmedianet.com/projects/profoundeffects/plugins/free_plu...

/JG

Return to posts index

Bill Ravens
on Sep 1, 2015 at 11:14:26 am

Unfortunately, the Profound Effects AVX plugin does not work in 64 bit versions of MC.

Return to posts index

Joakim Gustafsson
on Sep 2, 2015 at 7:50:22 am

Oops.

On my latest project the computer tech installed AvidFX on the new MC to solve a similar (blend) problem. Don't know where he got it but i guess he just snatched it from an earlier version.

/J

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]