FORUMS: list search recent posts

Insert to Timeline only 2 Tracks as Defeault...

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ofir Raul Graizer
Insert to Timeline only 2 Tracks as Defeault...
on Jan 13, 2015 at 10:12:35 am
Last Edited By Ofir Raul Graizer on Jan 13, 2015 at 10:14:42 am

Help! I am starting to work on my project and since the media files have 8 audio track and another track called D. I am Deselecting the tracks before inserting into the sequence, in order to have the simple 2 Tracks I need, one for audio and one for video, that's it... But I have to make this deselection each and every time. This is killing me. I know there is some strange ways to Unlink AMA, and the modify the clips, and relink... But that is too complicated, PLUS it is working only on AMA files and not on files which have been transcoded allready, which is my case. I have an entire project with all the footage transcoded into 36, ready to work, divided by folders ect. I need to start editing.
IS there a way to make somekind of default for track selection? Or, is there a way to simply delete all unnecessary tracks from the clips inside the Media Composer in a formal normal way? Or maybe, if needed, to automatically create subclip without these tracks... Please, this workflow is so complicated, help me simpliy it to the good old days... I will send you my sesam-paste cookies recipe! Thanks a lot.

Return to posts index

Michael Phillips
Re: Insert to Timeline only 2 Tracks as Defeault...
on Jan 13, 2015 at 2:59:21 pm

There are two ways to do this, the first is the one you mention, but seem hesitant to use. It can be done at the AMA stage or after the transcode.

1. Select all clips,unlink, modify to tracks to VA1A2, then relink. This only changes the master clip relationship to the media, and does not delete the media.

2. Subclip VA1A2 from each clip. This could be done on a per clip basis which is quite tedious, or could be done as an ALE export/Import Merge process. Since v7.0.3. ALE merge is non-destructive to existing metadata already logged which makes this a very good alternative if you are comfortable with text editing. Open bin with master clips. Make sure Bin columns include Tape, Source File, Start, End, Tracks, Name. Select clips and export as ALE. In a text editor, replace the value found in tracks with VA1A2 (search and replace function). With clips still selected, go to import settings Shot Log" and select the one that says something along the lines of "merge with known sources and create subclips". I am not in front of my system right now, but it will something like that. Bin will now have your original master clips, and then 1 new subclip for every master clip that is only VA1A2. Edit from those.

Michael

Return to posts index

Glenn Sakatch
on Jan 13, 2015 at 3:03:31 pm

Try the unlink/modify/relink option on a couple of clips. I think after you do it, you'll see how easy it is and just end up doing it with everything else.

Glenn

Return to posts index

Ofir Raul Graizer
on Jan 16, 2015 at 6:25:32 am

Thanks a lot. Ill try the unlink option, it seems like the more sane... Just a s note if someone reads it - to Unlink in MC 7 u need to press CTRL and SHIFT while pressing unlink.
Thanks!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]