FORUMS: list search recent posts

How do i delete a consolidated file.

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
John Keating
How do i delete a consolidated file.
on Jan 11, 2015 at 8:35:30 pm

Hi, I have run out of room on the drive that I have been placing my consolidated XF files on. Now I need to remove some of the files to make room for other footage. What is the best way to remove these files. I tried reveal source and located the file. I also noticed that AVID is making two, sometimes 3 and even 4 duplicates of the consolidated file. Is there a reason for this and is deleting these files as simple as selecting them in explorer and sending to the trash bin?

Thanks

John

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: How do i delete a consolidated file.
on Jan 11, 2015 at 10:09:49 pm

Avid media files have separate VIDEO and AUDIO files. If you have a clip that has 4 tracks of audio, then it'll be 5 files...1 video and 4 audio.

The best way to delete is not to REVEAL FILE...just click on the clip, press DELETE key...and then choose the option to delete the media,but not the clip.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

John Keating
on Jan 11, 2015 at 10:22:18 pm

Thanks a bunch shane, that certainly does the job. It removes the media but it leaves behind the clip name in the bin. My attempt to delete that simply leaves me with the option of deleting the clip. Is there a way to delete the file name within the bin as well?

Return to posts index

John Keating
on Jan 11, 2015 at 11:28:08 pm

I hit delete clip on a file that I definitely don't need and it removed the consolidated file and the file name within the bin. It did not affect the original ama linked xf file. I believe this is the result I want. Later I will re consolidate these files that i am deleting. Is there any reason not to delete the clip?

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Jan 12, 2015 at 3:15:48 am

[John Keating] "Thanks a bunch shane, that certainly does the job. It removes the media but it leaves behind the clip name in the bin."

As it should. But you can delete the clip if you want...just press DELETE again and check that box.

[John Keating] "My attempt to delete that simply leaves me with the option of deleting the clip. Is there a way to delete the file name within the bin as well?
"

That's what the clip is...the name in the bin. If you don't want the clip, simply delete it.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]