FORUMS: list search recent posts

Sony F5 S-Log footage looks washed out after multigrouping, but fine when matching back to the source

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jared Mills
Sony F5 S-Log footage looks washed out after multigrouping, but fine when matching back to the source
on Jan 6, 2015 at 4:20:48 pm

Hello,

I'm working on a show that used a Sony F5 for one of it's cameras and shot in S-Log. After it's been multigrouped, some of the F5 footage appears as though the color space transformation has been removed, giving it that washed out look. When match framing back to the original clip, the colors look perfectly fine.

I'm new to working with S-Log footage. Can anyone explain this and explain how to get the footage in the multigroup to look as though it's not washed out?

Thank you,
Jared

Return to posts index

Michael Phillips
Re: Sony F5 S-Log footage looks washed out after multigrouping, but fine when matching back to the source
on Jan 6, 2015 at 6:30:28 pm

What version are you running? If I remember correctly, there were some issues with the source LUT updating in a group clip. I am using 8.3 and when using Red R3D via AMA link, the .sync subclip (double system sound) does not have the same color values either. So there seem to be clip types that do no inherit the color transform metadata correctly.

Michael

Return to posts index

Jared Mills
Re: Sony F5 S-Log footage looks washed out after multigrouping, but fine when matching back to the source
on Jan 6, 2015 at 7:49:38 pm

Thanks for responding, Michael. I'm on 8.2.

When you say, "So there seem to be clip types that do no inherit the color transform metadata correctly" does that essentially mean that the S-Log clips that have been grouped will have the washed out look? Is there any way to fix that? Will editing with grouped clips cause issues for the final color correct?

Thanks,
Jared

Return to posts index

Michael Phillips
on Jan 6, 2015 at 9:16:31 pm

I am still seeing this same issue in 8.3 when changing values/LUTs in the source settings in the color transform tab. But my sequence does update (Clip/sequence refresh) with the changes so it will be there for you when not in multicam edit mode. Something Avid needs to address, hopefully in an upcoming release.

Michael

Return to posts index

Jared Mills
on Jan 6, 2015 at 10:01:07 pm

Thank you for your help, Michael! Much appreciated.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]