FORUMS: list search recent posts

Keyframe Video?

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Robert Ober
Keyframe Video?
on Dec 30, 2014 at 7:41:47 pm

Hey Folks,

I have searched and looked at a genuine Avid training book and cannot find how to keyframe video on the timeline. I have done this in other NLEs to build my own fades.

Possible?

Also, I am on MC 8.3 w/Symphony opt and full Boris CC. Where is there a crossfade or crossdissolve?

Thanks,
Robert A. Ober

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: Keyframe Video?
on Dec 31, 2014 at 1:06:41 am

[Robert Ober] "I have searched and looked at a genuine Avid training book and cannot find how to keyframe video on the timeline. I have done this in other NLEs to build my own fades."

Sorry can't keyframe opacity in Avid MC. Need to ADD TRANSITION and then set your own parameters. it can be centered, or offset by whatever you want.

[Robert Ober] "Also, I am on MC 8.3 w/Symphony opt and full Boris CC. Where is there a crossfade or crossdissolve?"

It's the "/" key...that's the ADD TRANSITION. This works for both audio and video, so make sure to set your target tracks first. Well, most versions allow you to set the target tracks in the add dissolve interface as well.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Robert Ober
on Dec 31, 2014 at 3:43:44 am

[Shane Ross] "It's the "/" key...that's the ADD TRANSITION. This works for both audio and video, so make sure to set your target tracks first. Well, most versions allow you to set the target tracks in the add dissolve interface as well."

I know about the \ to add a transition. There is no crossfade or crossdissolve so I will have to cheat that. If you \ to add a fade to color then \ to add a fade from color, the second one overwrites the first so you have to put two edits close to each other.

And SERIOUSLY, no video keyframing? We could do that in FCP from at least version 3. Used it often.

As a younger person might say, LAME! Come on AVID, it's dang near 2015!

If in all the AVID and BCC stuff I have there was a decent crossfade then I would not need the video keyframing.

This is unnecessarily frustrating.

Thanks Shane,
Robert

Robert A. Ober
IT Consultant, Vidcaster, & Freelancer
http://www.infohou.com
Houston, TX

Return to posts index

Robert Ober
on Dec 31, 2014 at 3:55:56 am

There is no crossfade or crossdissolve

If I center the fade on the cut is there a way to make it fade out and in?

Thanks,
Robert

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Dec 31, 2014 at 4:08:35 am

That is a DIP TO COLOR dissolve. The color being BLACK. Again, press the "/" key and instead of DISSOLVE, choose DIP TO COLOR.

And a cross dissolve is just that...a dissolve. Going from one image to another...so if you have two video clips butted against each other, and you dissolve, you dissolve from one to the other. If you want to fade to black and then fade into the next shot, that's different. DIP TO COLOR, or have a frame or two of nothing between the two clips.

Cross Fade is what you do to audio...that's not picture.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

William Busby
on Jan 1, 2015 at 11:08:27 am

FWIW... it's \ not / :)

Return to posts index

Robert Ober
on Jan 7, 2015 at 7:54:45 pm

Yep,

Putting in black between the clips and dipping is what I did and have done before but that should not be necessary.

[Shane Ross] "Cross Fade is what you do to audio...that's not picture."

Maybe so but that is just semantics.

Good point on the dissolve. I appreciate the correction.

BTW, I did an homage to you in another thread somewhere. Did my first Stock Answer. Somebody asked about transcoding for Avid and I said start in Resolve.

Hope y'all well and good,
Robert

Robert A. Ober
IT Consultant, Vidcaster, & Freelancer
http://www.infohou.com
Houston, TX

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]