FORUMS: list search recent posts

Missing Audio Track Message

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Marissa Gouverne
Missing Audio Track Message
on Dec 26, 2014 at 8:18:21 am

Hey! So I'm working for an editor with AMC 7 and we keep running into this problem--I brought in some clips that had something like 8 audio tracks, and I disabled all except two of them but an error message keeps popping up whenever we try to match back the clip. It says that the clip is missing audio track 4, even though I had already unlinked that track.

The error message doesn't stop us from doing anything, but it does make for an annoying interruption to our workflow. Has anyone else experienced this?

Return to posts index

Michael Phillips
Re: Missing Audio Track Message
on Dec 26, 2014 at 3:54:06 pm

Strange that it only complains about Track 4. I am going to guess these files came from a Sony XDCAM type camera that always has 8 tracks, even if you only used one or two as in your case. Are you:

editing native with AMA?
consolidate via AMA to rewrapped MXF?
trandcoding to a DNxHD codec??

This message may be popping up based on when the unlinking got done and what you are editing with in the timeline when matching back. Does it happen on every clip, or just some of them? Wen you look at the "Tracks" column in the bin, what does it list for A?

Michael

Return to posts index

Marissa Gouverne
Re: Missing Audio Track Message
on Dec 26, 2014 at 5:49:43 pm

You would be correct in guessing it was XDCam footage!
All of our footage was AMA linked and then transcoded to DNxHD.

Originally I brought in the footage with all 8 tracks (though some just had four originally, but nonetheless), realized I didn't want all of that, then unlinked the master clip and modified the footage to remove the extra tracks.

I also believe it happens only on some clips, and I'm not sure about the "Tracks" column--I'd have to check but I'm away from work for a while!

(Thanks for the response, too!)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]