FORUMS: list search recent posts

MC 8.3 - bin repair issue

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ricky Barrow
MC 8.3 - bin repair issue
on Dec 23, 2014 at 12:05:41 pm

Every time I open my project which started in MC 7.0.3, then was opened with 8.2, I get a message that the bin was created with a modified version of MC - can post exact verbiage if needed. I click repair and it says it has been repaired but when saving project the asterisk never goes away on my bin - like it isn't saving. Any ideas?

Ricky

Return to posts index

Michael Phillips
Re: MC 8.3 - bin repair issue
on Dec 23, 2014 at 1:47:18 pm

Perhaps bins were created on a trial version? Try doing a "save as" and renaming bin, or just create a new bin and move the clips over to that and try saving.

Michael

Return to posts index

Ricky Barrow
on Dec 23, 2014 at 2:16:28 pm

Thanks Michael - I just purchased Support for 11 dongles, downloaded 8.2 and activated with dongle after updating it. Everything went fine on 8.2

I posted a question on Avid Community, asking if I was reading correctly that 8.3 is supposed to be installed on top of 8.2 WITHOUT UNINSTALLING first. That may be the issue - guess I could try that as I am still waiting for a response from them since I reinstalled 8.2 and all is fine again.

Ricky

Return to posts index

Michael Phillips
on Dec 23, 2014 at 2:30:54 pm

From what I understand, on OS X, there is no longer a need to uninstall first as it is all done as part of the install process. That's what I did all through beta.

Michael

Return to posts index

Ricky Barrow
on Dec 23, 2014 at 2:58:45 pm

Installed 8.3 on top of 8.2 - however the installer removed 8.2 anyway during installation of 8.3

The problem still existed but I did a Save Bin As (Same Name with "COPY" added to name) and it solved the problem. I could even delete the bin "COPY" and the original bin opens and saves fine.

I also noticed that it only affects bins opened and/or created with 8.2 -- the bins created using 7.0.3 were not affected but I do not remember if they had been opened while on 8.2

I have a feeling it is a bug, at least with our system Win 7 PC.

Thanks for the advice in working around this!

Ricky

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]