FORUMS: list search recent posts

RED and SONY F55 footage into AVID on "offline" quality

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ofir Raul Graizer
RED and SONY F55 footage into AVID on "offline" quality
on Dec 23, 2014 at 8:38:33 am

Hello everybody, I got a new project and I wish to create the best workflow. This is a feature film with I believe 40-50 hours of footage, some of it shot in RED and some with SONY F55. These are two formats that I've never worked with.
I wish to create a simple workflow, to import all the footage into the Media Composer and work on a low resolution. Usually I'd import as 36. I wonder - how does it work with these two cameras? Is it possible to do this, in a way that in color grading it will be possible to relink to the original media? The web is full of guides and tutorials on this subjects and I don't know where to start.
What is the right workflow?
Thanks a lot for any tip/link/guide!

Return to posts index

Michael Phillips
Re: RED and SONY F55 footage into AVID on "offline" quality
on Dec 23, 2014 at 1:49:19 pm

Start with this guide and then let us know what questions remain.

http://www.avid.com/static/resources/documents/whitepapers/digital_camera/d...

Michael

Return to posts index

Robert Ober
Re: RED and SONY F55 footage into AVID on "offline" quality
on Dec 24, 2014 at 2:33:42 am

I have been playing with workflows lately and if I was you I would test a workflow that starts in Resolve. In version 11.x you can use the copy tool to make backups of the original camera media and then make an assemblage of the clips and output that to Avid via an AAF. Many folks are using this workflow. If you want to output 4K (not UHD) you will need the Resolve Software paid version. Otherwise the free Lite version will work.

Be aware that to get smooth 4K playback in Resolve you will need a beefy machine or turn down the debayer settings.

Good fortune on your project,
Robert

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]