FORUMS: list search recent posts

Keyframe problem

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Nick Griffin
Keyframe problem
on Dec 22, 2014 at 8:16:59 pm

Happy end of the year cram time. Just when I need a peculiar bug to surface.

On a series of short videos I'm working on one seems to have lost the independence of audio volume key frames. When I select one the system selects them all on the two linked tracks. When I try to move one higher or lower, all move in unison. Any idea on what I'm doing wrong or is this a bizarre bug? So far my best work-around has been to delete the audio track and replace it. Then, viola. Everything works normally.

Fortunately this was happening on a music track and deleting and replacing was not as big a deal as it would have been for the talent mic or wild sound tracks. Ideas?

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: Keyframe problem
on Dec 22, 2014 at 8:19:33 pm

Make sure you don't have any IN and OUT markers set. Avid will adjust all keyframes in between IN and OUT marks as well.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Nick Griffin
on Dec 22, 2014 at 10:43:53 pm

Thanx, Shane. Maybe that's it. But I did nothing with In/Out markers when I removed the old music tracks and put in the new ones. I'll try playing it both ways when the current load of year end jobs is through.

Return to posts index

Nick Griffin
on Dec 23, 2014 at 4:16:55 pm

You are right, Shane! I had to remove the "in" and "out" and add a new "in" in order to replace the music so that explains it. Even after a year I still have a LOT to learn about MC. Thankfully there are so many helpful and knowledgeable people on the COW.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]