FORUMS: list search recent posts

Clip location drive name "changed" in bin... how do I edit this info?

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
nick boxer
Clip location drive name "changed" in bin... how do I edit this info?
on Dec 20, 2014 at 9:29:47 pm

Moved to a new computer temporarily as I transition to newer version of MC.

Opened projects and in each one a few random clips show as off line. Red in the time line. Went into statistics and saw that each of these clips showed a "drive" name change from "G-RAID" to "G-RAID 3"

Search the G-RAID drive and the clips are there. Never had 2 drives hooked up while working on these projects.

How do I change the drive name in the Clip/statistics/info?

Editing on MC 5.5 on an intel mac running 10.6.8... yeah I know it is time to update, and this is part of my effort to consolidate my old projects and move them to a new platform so I can still access them if I have too. Thanks.

Return to posts index

Michael Phillips
Re: Clip location drive name "changed" in bin... how do I edit this info?
on Dec 21, 2014 at 3:32:55 pm

That is not an editable field, only a metadata display field. You might want to delete the msmFMID.pmr and msmMMOB.mdb files from each of the Avid MediaFiles/MXF/ folders and have Media Composer rebuild them upon launch and see if that helps your situation.

Michael

Return to posts index

nick boxer
on Dec 21, 2014 at 4:52:34 pm

Thanks. Suspected as much. Just the weirdest thing. Clips are stillthere... Or effects. Video, photos and music are on the drive. MC is just attributing them to a different drive with the number "3" attached. Every hear of this happening?

Rebuilding the database files was my next thought, so I appreciate that you said that. Know it's likely irrational, but I always feel like I'm going to mess things up doing that.

Return to posts index

Michael Phillips
on Dec 21, 2014 at 6:17:45 pm

MC always verifies and rebuilds as necessary on startup, so it may be that it just needs to be reminded to do a complete one.

Michael

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]