FORUMS: list search recent posts

source clip column problem, messing my aaf workflow

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
jeremie galan
source clip column problem, messing my aaf workflow
on Dec 13, 2014 at 10:11:10 pm

( i know second post in a day, but two problem the same day haha )

When i ama link a folder then transcode the linked media ( lets call it movie1.mov ) i ve got a new file called "movie1.new1" in the bin, but in reality in the avid media folder it's called "movie1.new1.x0dmdmewgg.mxf ( a bunch of random letters between new1 and mxf ). In my source file column on my new transcoded media i should have this ""movie1.new1.x0dmdmewgg.mxf" but i have "movie1.new1" (same as clip name ). The problem is when i export the aaf, and import it in Nuke Studio, it search for a movie1.new1.mxf instead of "movie1.new1.x0dmdmewgg.mxf" So it never find the clip. Any one know i could i got the correct source file ( the one with the random letters) in the column in AVID?
Best Regards

Return to posts index

Michael Phillips
Re: source clip column problem, messing my aaf workflow
on Dec 13, 2014 at 11:09:45 pm

You can't get that info in the bin. Many providers know how to parse an AAF file and correctly link to the MXF media.I do this all the time with Smoke, Resolve, etc. The info needed is in the AAF. What host system are you trying to bring this into?

Michael

Return to posts index

Michael Phillips
on Dec 13, 2014 at 11:14:36 pm

If it's for the one VFX shot, you can choose to embed the media in the AAF file as well.

Michael

Return to posts index

jeremie galan
on Dec 13, 2014 at 11:23:35 pm

It s for the new conforming tool from the foundry : Nuke Studio. It might be a issue from their side...

Return to posts index

Michael Phillips
on Dec 13, 2014 at 11:29:53 pm

You can send them the shot as QT wrapped "same as source" if you want. Just make the sequence timecode the same as source if you export a sequence. Depending on version of MC, you can also do an AMA MXF export of the shot which will be MXF wrapped. Or try AAF embedded.

Return to posts index

jeremie galan
on Dec 14, 2014 at 9:20:20 pm

Yeah it's not for the vfx dep but my own, wanted to test the workflow with that new conformation tool ( NUKE STUDIO ) that could ease my conformation process for vfx... but it seems that it is not quite AVID AAF ready...

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]