FORUMS: list search recent posts

Big Effect Mode not working

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
John McMullin
Big Effect Mode not working
on Dec 9, 2014 at 5:38:33 pm

In the old days, I used to alt-click the effect icon and I would enter effect mode with a single large effects window instead of the source and record monitors side by side. This isn't working anymore. I can't get the single monitor up and I can't resize the two of them beyond a single monitor screen width.

I'm working on a project with a lot of paint effects and it would be really nice to be able to see what I'm doing and to work with more precision. The big effect monitor used to be a really useful function.

Many thanks,

John

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: Big Effect Mode not working
on Dec 9, 2014 at 5:40:08 pm

Which version are you running? Big Effects mode is not present in MC 8.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

John McMullin
on Dec 9, 2014 at 5:54:17 pm

Thanks Shane. 7.0.3. Maybe they de-implemented it in this version as it just isn't working like it used to. Can't understand why they want to get rid of useful features, rather than add new ones.

Best wishes,

John

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Dec 9, 2014 at 5:56:03 pm

No...it's present in 7.0.3. Hmmmm...

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

John McMullin
on Dec 9, 2014 at 6:12:41 pm

Maybe it's my install or something to do with the Blackmagic card. The monitors seem to have got a little funky since Avid allowed third party hardware.

Avid is good for editing but the effects interface is in bad need of an overhaul.

Thanks for your help.

John

Return to posts index

John Pale
on Dec 9, 2014 at 8:28:55 pm

[Shane Ross] "Which version are you running? Big Effects mode is not present in MC 8."

What do you get when you select Windows/Workspaces/Effects Editing?

I get one large Record Monitor, the Effects Editor opened and enlarged and no Source Monitor. Is that what you are looking for? I can make the Record Monitor "huger" and save the workspace that way, too.

I'm in Avid MC 8.2. Was it gone in 8.0? I only upgraded at 8.1. Never saw 8.0.

Return to posts index

John McMullin
on Dec 10, 2014 at 9:51:18 am

Hi John. When I enter effects workspace I get two monitors. Now if I alt-click it goes to a tiny single monitor. I can resize this, but no bigger than half the screen width.

I think it's just something faulty with my version or system setup. I'll live with it.

Thanks,

John

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]