FORUMS: list search recent posts

interlace problem with AVCHD

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Johan Windh
interlace problem with AVCHD
on Dec 9, 2014 at 7:23:50 am

Hi,

I'm having issues when importing material which is shot in 25p into avid Mc (on mac) . If I try to ama-link the material is interpreted as 50i.

The only way I've found to make it work is to reveal the .mts files in Finder and drag them into mc. This causes auto-transcode and the files are then 25p. However this seems like a procedure which could cause problems with filenames, missing meta data (as I bypass the original structure) etc..

Any ideas on how to make it work properly?

Kind Regards,

Johan

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: interlace problem with AVCHD
on Dec 9, 2014 at 4:39:30 pm

Are you in a 25p project? And are you darn sure the footage was shot 25p, and not 50i? If you AMA link, and then play it on the timeline...and out to a broadcast monitor or HDTV...do you see the two field judder?

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Greg Cohan
on Dec 9, 2014 at 7:04:52 pm

you could try and throw it into a free program called VideoSpec. It will reveal frame rate and some other useful metadata

http://videospec.free.fr/english/

I use it when I get a wonky file to confirm it is what I think it is.

Return to posts index

Johan Windh
on Dec 10, 2014 at 8:10:18 am

Thanks guys.

The project is 25p and the files were shot in 25p but showed up as 50i when AMA-linking.

However, it seems to have been resolved by now. I did consolidate the AMA-files to see what happened and they turned out to be 25p in the end.. Very strange as I recall watching the consolidated files and that they too were 50i.. Ghosts...

But I don't understand the logic at all. When I looked at the AMA-linked 50i it did look like interlaced footage. (Not on freezeframe, but I think the Black Magic is setup to not show interlacing on freeze frame)

Kind Regards,

Johan

Return to posts index

John Pale
on Dec 10, 2014 at 10:40:02 pm

When you AMA link, make sure the Field Order column is visible in your bin. It isn't by default.
If it says anything but Progressive, you can change it there. With some formats, the AMA plug will get it wrong, I've noticed lately.

Return to posts index

Johan Windh
on Dec 11, 2014 at 8:26:46 am

Interesting. Thank you!

Kind Regards,

Johan

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]