FORUMS: list search recent posts

Cannot move sped up Phantom clip in timeline

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Pieter Viljoen
Cannot move sped up Phantom clip in timeline
on Dec 6, 2014 at 1:42:04 am

I have a clip shot at 300 FPS, DNx115 23.976

Cannot move it in the timeline... did render it fluid motion, but even on half playback quality it cannot be moved with overwrite arrow or by using arrow keys. It is sped up to play back in "real time"

Return to posts index

Glenn Sakatch
Re: Cannot move sped up Phantom clip in timeline
on Dec 7, 2014 at 5:52:03 pm

Are you saying you can move it if it isn't sped up?

There is another question a couple of posts earlier about the red overwrite arrow not working properly in 8.2

Glenn

Return to posts index

Pieter Viljoen
on Dec 7, 2014 at 8:56:08 pm

Yeah, all the other footage, including phantom at 300 or 500fps and Alexa at 120 or just 23.976 can be edited normally in the timeline, but I'm guessing the math required for phantom sped up at Avid Fluid Motion was too much? What surprises me is that it's on a brand Mac pro new with no expense spared. This is on 7.0.4, which is effectively the same software as 8, right?

Return to posts index

Glenn Sakatch
on Dec 8, 2014 at 3:10:29 pm

Sounds a bit strange. The math involved (I would think) is irrelevant- especially if you've rendered it out. Have you tried it without fluid motion?
I would question if the box is confused as to the start and stop points of the clip itself, and doesn't know what you are trying to move. (corrupt media, or something like that)

If it is the math, you could always mixdown the clip and use that. Might want to subclip your original into a bin so it is handy if needed.

Maybe mixdown the original length clip and see if the mixdown version has the same issue when ramped.

Perhaps try a trim to length fx or some other method of the time ramp.

I'm questioning the original clip more than the method used.

Glenn

Return to posts index

Pieter Viljoen
on Dec 8, 2014 at 7:14:50 pm

You might be right, because Avid won't even let me dupe the sequence the clip is in.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]