FORUMS: list search recent posts

Color grading a clip with a time warp motion effect does bad things in Avid Symphony

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dave Pontillo
Color grading a clip with a time warp motion effect does bad things in Avid Symphony
on Dec 3, 2014 at 4:26:01 pm

Hi all - A strange problem coloring in Avid Symphony.

When we color grade a clip that has a time warp motion effect, the clip suddenly reverts back to the original clip duration that didn't have the motion effect...even though our audio track is locked...and it actually makes a gap in the audio.

This is a big concern, since we are cutting shows to network time, and this throws everything off unexpectedly when we eventually catch it. It's an easy fix once we catch that the show is off time, but this is odd...

Thanks!

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: Color grading a clip with a time warp motion effect does bad things in Avid Symphony
on Dec 3, 2014 at 5:04:38 pm

Hmmm...I haven't seen that. I just graded a show in Symphony that had lots of Timewarp speed changes and that didn't happen. What is the codec of this footage? Has it been transcoded or is it AMA accessed?

One solution is to do a video mixdown of the speed change, then grade that.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Dave Pontillo
Re: Color grading a clip with a time warp motion effect does bad things in Avid Symphony
on Dec 4, 2014 at 2:54:24 pm

C300 footage...not AMA linked...ingested into Avid at full HD (DNX 115)

Return to posts index

John Pale
on Dec 4, 2014 at 4:35:34 pm

Been editing on Avid since 1998. Never seen that happen.
Is this a consolidated sequence?
I suppose it could be possible, with an extreme speed change, that requires long handles, you would think everything was okay, because you are playing the render file.....then apply a new effect, like a color grade...BOOM... The speed change becomes unrendered...and because your handles are too short, the speed change gets messed up.

If this does not fit your scenario...I can't think of anything else. Try creating a new user setting from scratch. That often fixes bizarre problems.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]