FORUMS: list search recent posts

Getting Drives ready for logging?

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
John Keating
Getting Drives ready for logging?
on Nov 25, 2014 at 8:57:27 pm

I imported our c300 footage by noting the day and then disk 1, disk 2 etc. Is there an folder heirarchy that is suggested before I get into the creation of bins? I have time to get organized and anything I can do before hands seems like a smart move.

Ty

John

Return to posts index

Michael Phillips
Re: Getting Drives ready for logging?
on Nov 25, 2014 at 10:18:50 pm

Productions will usually have a set organization that is used, but can vary from production to production,

You have a pretty good start - usually starts with a ShootDate. I also like to add a basic time range as most if not all footage is now TOD. So for today I may have it as:

112514_1230-1600

Telling my it was shot November 24th, 2014 between hours of 12:30PM and 4:00PM. Doesn't need to be seconds and frame accurate - just a basic range. It usually helps in the gathering of a director or producer asking about a shot that was captured "Tuesday afternoon..."

Inside that, you may have multiple camera that are labelled as A,B, or perhaps by model if using different cameras. Then in there you would have each of the cards as they are coming off the camera. These can be Card_1, Card_2 and even here you might consider a time range such as Card_1_1445-1510. In this folder is an exact "clone/copy of the card preserving its structure so that AMA is happy with the essence and the metadata when linking.

Again, find one that works for you, but one you start a project the most important thing is to be consistent in naming and structure/folder level organization.

Michael

Return to posts index

John Keating
Re: Getting Drives ready for logging?
on Dec 5, 2014 at 6:39:43 pm

Thank you sir, very helpful

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]