FORUMS: list search recent posts

Audio Suite on MC 8.1

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Francisco Antunes aka Chicão
Audio Suite on MC 8.1
on Nov 20, 2014 at 12:40:03 pm

Hi there.

I moved from MC 5.5 directly to 8.1. I'm facing a issue with the Audio Suite effects.

I use a lot either the "Time Compression" and the "Time Shift" to be able to fit audios in a 30 sec commercial. When I use the Time Compression to shorten an audio, I used to remove the "silent" part of the clip (the tail). But if I remove or trim just one frame of it in MC 8.1, I lose the render (blue dot comes up). So I can't edit a new audio clip next to it in the timeline. What's going on? Thanks in advance for any tip!

Return to posts index

Ricky Barrow
Re: Audio Suite on MC 8.1
on Nov 20, 2014 at 1:59:22 pm

A workaround would be to just overwrite at the edit point with your new audio or stagger on another audio track.

Ricky

Return to posts index

on Nov 20, 2014 at 2:31:25 pm

Yeah. Need to create and additional audio track to do the trick. Too bad Time Compression/Expansion used to be more reliable in the past. Time Shift seems to behave less buggier though. Maybe AVID is no longer given attention to the old Time Comp/Exp.

Return to posts index

Mark Spano
on Nov 20, 2014 at 4:29:51 pm

Time compression/expansion in MC is so cumbersome it's ridiculous. When you see how it's done in Pro Tools, anyone would wonder why they just don't port that over. That said, you could do your TC/E as you are, and then select the clip and do a quick Audio Mixdown. This will immediately 'bounce' the rendered clip into a new file on a separate track in your timeline, which has no effect and therefore won't come unrendered.

Return to posts index

on Nov 20, 2014 at 6:41:12 pm

Indeed: making an audio mixdown was the only 100% foolproof method. The bad thing is for the current workflow from the place I work at, as I can't just send them an AAF-link of my work: now I also need to send them the MXF for any audio mixdown.

I really don't know what is the issue with Time Compression/Expansion in this new MC. Maybe I got used to an outdated plugin, as Time Shit is doing the same job in a much less problematic way.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]