FORUMS: list search recent posts

Assertion failed Error Avid 8.1

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mara Auster
Assertion failed Error Avid 8.1
on Nov 18, 2014 at 6:46:08 pm

When dragging clips around on the timeline I've been getting this error

Exception caught in APlayer::Play - Exception: FATAL_ERROR, msg:Assertion failed: slot >= 0 && slot < mNumSamps, file:/Snapshots/relengmtnlion3_1406253623/coresw/ACME/src/RequestList.cpp, line:1210

Running Avid 8.1 on OSX 10.9.5 16gb 133 MHz DDr3, 2 x2.66 GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon Mac Pro

Tried deleting MCState and settings files and restarting helps for a bit but then it comes back.

Return to posts index

Jake Shaver
Re: Assertion failed Error Avid 8.1
on Dec 8, 2014 at 6:56:27 pm

Hi Mara I've started an email chain with Avid support about this exact error and nothing has been resolved yet. I'm curious if you ever come up with a solution?

Running Avid 8.2 OSX 10.9.5 24gb 133 MHz DDr3, 2 x2.66 GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon Mac Pro

Return to posts index

Mara Auster
on Dec 8, 2014 at 9:15:11 pm

Hi,

I did not. I reinstalled a few different times and it seems to have stopped for now. Also, in the Avid project on the finder level I deleted the folder that's named the same as your computer's user name. Not sure which fixed it.

Good Luck!

Return to posts index

Michael Pitino
on Dec 13, 2014 at 12:47:24 am

I just loaded Media Composer 8.2 and keep getting that error if I try to use the red segment drag function. Did you find anything out?

Michael

Return to posts index

Jake Shaver
on Dec 13, 2014 at 1:23:14 am

Nothing official from Avid yet but we've pretty much boiled it down to the fact that we're opening 6.5 projects in 8.2 because all of our freshly made 8.2 projects are running just fine.

A few things I've done to alleviate the issue:
If you can, rebuild the computer from scratch. I put in a brand new hard drive and started with a fresh OS build and worked my way up from there.

Remake your user settings from scratch.

Remake any old projects you're trying to bring up to 8.2. So, start a brand new project in 8.2 with a similar name, make all new bins with similar names (I added
_NEW to everything in the 8.2 project), open all the old bins via "open bin" and move everything from that bin over.

If you have a little time on your hands and not such an abundant proejct you could even make new sequences and copy the content from old sequences to new.

If I hear anything I'll keep this thread posted...

-Jake

Return to posts index

Jake Shaver
on Jan 11, 2015 at 3:52:30 am

Avid has been having a little trouble solving this issue for me and I think I might have been wrong about the project jump theory. One thing that has so far alleviated the issue is installing the newest blackmagic drivers that were released on 12.24.14 and update to Avid 8.3. After we me all of these updates the computers have not had this error.

Hope this helps.

-Jake

Return to posts index

Jake Shaver
on Jan 27, 2015 at 9:37:06 pm

Removing any blackmagic drivers seemed to eradicate the error on every computer experiencing the issue.

Return to posts index

Mara Auster
on Mar 16, 2015 at 8:50:56 pm

It has started happening again. We don't have any Blackmagic software or drivers installed that I know of and on the 20 computers that we have running on these shared avid projects, this is the only one having these issues. Unfortunately, we just can't risk upgrading all the computers to 8.3 right now in middle of several projects.

Anyone have any new answers?

Thanks!

Return to posts index

Emanuel Batalha
on Aug 7, 2015 at 1:42:32 pm

Try to turn off the SW/HW when switching from the Media Composer. Even if we need to go to the Finder we have to do this. It's the sheave icon next to the right of the audio levels on the Timeline window.
Hope it helps.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]