FORUMS: list search recent posts

Best resources (free or paid) for learning Avid...

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tom Laughlin
Best resources (free or paid) for learning Avid...
on Nov 17, 2014 at 5:38:14 pm

From the courses on Lynda.com, Avid.com, to Kevin P. McKauliff's training, free or paid, for former FCP 7 editors, and recent Premiere CC editors - what Avid training is or has helped you the most, or benefitted you the most in your learning Avid?

Tom Laughlin
Producer/Editor
Digital Chop House
Salt Lake City, Utah
http://www.digitalchophouse.com

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: Best resources (free or paid) for learning Avid...
on Nov 17, 2014 at 5:47:03 pm

Taking a class and cutting scenes with an instructor overseeing things did it for me. I knew it fairly well before I took the class, but it helped tons more. This was at Video Symphony about 18 years ago...but they are still highly recommended. As is Moviola Digital.

But the best training was on the job. I assisted for 4 years and when I made the move to editor, I worked alongside other editors...12 to be exact. And when I had questions, I went to them, and they showed me. Doing this alone is tough, for sure. But classes...someone showing you and answering your specific questions, and then working alongside other editors who also can answer your specific questions...really helps.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Robert Ober
Re: Best resources (free or paid) for learning Avid...
on Nov 19, 2014 at 12:09:22 am

I think he is not looking for how to edit but how to use MC. Kevin P's free ones are really good. Also Class On Demand has a series for FCP(not X) editors that is pretty good. I have a subscription to that.

Also, as you may have seen, Kevin P. is doing new ones for the upcoming 4K Avid release. The official Avid books are pretty good but since the 4K update is due by the end of the year, they will be out of date soon.

Welcome to the world of Avid. A bit frustrating for FCP editors at first but if one learns the keyboard shortcuts and makes their own, one can be fast. And for me the forced organization of media is a plus.

Hope that helps,
Robert

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]