FORUMS: list search recent posts

AAF Export with XDCam

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Hans Sieber
AAF Export with XDCam
on Nov 16, 2014 at 11:39:53 am

Hi Folks,

am I just too dumb or is it still not possible to export an AAF (Embedded) with the XDCam 50mbit Codec out of MC? I thought it would be possible with newer versions (V7.0.3 in this case), but honestly never tried it. (I don`t like that Long GOP Monster XDCam)
Avid firmly resists to do the export with the known error message. Probably I´m just down the wrong road and confused something and it still isn`t possible to to Long GOP Exports out of MC. Honestly, it should be possible by now, or ?
Any hints would be greatly appreciated!

Best wishes

Hans

Return to posts index

Arthur Ditner
Re: AAF Export with XDCam
on Nov 17, 2014 at 6:58:53 pm

What is the destination for your sequence?

Last time I worked with Long-GOP and had to send a file to Pro Tools for Post Audio, I would perform a video mixdown, and take the lone MXF media file generated from this and the Audio team could natively take it into Pro Tools.

However if you need to do final color outside of Avid, you'll have less luck.

If you are working natively in XDCAM, I suggest you transcode your sequence (using the Consolidate/Transcode tool) and select DNX115/145 as your destination resolution.

Alternatively you could always export a ProRes422 quicktime or a DNX145 quicktime of your sequence and cut it up in your final color platform, if you absolutely do not need handles! Most final color platforms feature auto-detect edit features which will get you 90% of the way there.

good luck!

Return to posts index

Cameron Warn
Re: AAF Export with XDCam
on Dec 3, 2014 at 2:12:52 am

I don't have AVID in front of me right now, but from memory you just need to force it to re-encode to XDCAM rather then using 'same as source'.

We would get failures if 'same as source' was selected but it's been a while since i've done it so can't remember what options you get on the AAF export screen, or if I am just thinking about regular .mov export options.

I did not export to embedded files either, so don't know if that makes a difference or not too.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]