FORUMS: list search recent posts

Renaming Every aspect of Project (source files, bins, sequences, clip names, audio, etc.)

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ryan Slater
Renaming Every aspect of Project (source files, bins, sequences, clip names, audio, etc.)
on Nov 15, 2014 at 2:34:10 am

I've been asked to repurpose an old Avid Project wherein all the files, bins, sequences, etc. have the prefix "ABC" and rename them to match the new project that requires the prefix "XYZ." The idea is to rename, and reimport the the media to link to the newly named files and create AAFs for archiving that will reflect the new naming convention. I realize this isn't ideal as I know even renaming bins and project files can be problematic. I'm wondering if this is even doable.

-At this point I have duplicated the entire project and the source files.
-I've renamed the duplicated project, bins, folders and settings files with the new prefix as well as the source files.
-I've copied the sequence into a new bin, showing reference files and renamed the clips and media that are part of the locked sequence.
-I've batch imported the renamed clips linking them to the destination of the renamed duplicate source material.
-When I create the AAF some of the files created have the new prefix "XYX" and some still have the old prefix "ABC"

So I'm wondering if there is a way to create an AAF with everything linking and named with the new prefix or is this not possible because of metadata linked to media and bins?

Thanks

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]