FORUMS: list search recent posts

How to rotate an image w/o BCC?

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Olivier Prudhomme
How to rotate an image w/o BCC?
on Nov 5, 2014 at 11:35:35 pm

This week I work on MC 7 without BCC plug in.
How do I rotate an image?
Resize doesn't have the rotate function...

Thanks!!!

Return to posts index

Juris Eksts
Re: How to rotate an image w/o BCC?
on Nov 6, 2014 at 12:16:20 am

In the Blend section, you'll find 3D Warp, that is your friend!

Return to posts index

Olivier Prudhomme
on Nov 6, 2014 at 1:40:24 am

Thank you so much Jeris!!

Return to posts index

Glenn Sakatch
on Nov 6, 2014 at 3:03:57 pm

If you already have some effects on your clips, you can promote some of them to 3d, which opens up a whole bunch of new controls.

Bottom right hand corner of your effects editor.

Glenn

Return to posts index

Olivier Prudhomme
on Nov 6, 2014 at 3:35:24 pm

for some reasons I always forget about this promote function
always have a hard time to find the button to click so, and then i move on. But i'll try harder!
thx

Return to posts index

brian waz
on Jul 13, 2015 at 6:13:33 pm

With the "upgrade" from V7.03 symphony to V8.03, I have lost the stock boris AVX plugins. Used them somewhat, especially the rotating on a graphic image. Yes, 3d works, but not the same when pushing in on a larger image. Pan & Scan really lacks this... any other options other than buying Boris?

Return to posts index

Job ter Burg
on Jul 14, 2015 at 7:37:38 am

Whatever version of BCC worked with MC7 also works with MC8.

Return to posts index

brian waz
on Jul 14, 2015 at 3:32:07 pm
Last Edited By brian waz on Jul 14, 2015 at 3:58:53 pm

the problem is that with MC7 you got the BCC package included, but on MC8, it's not there and you're forced to buy it to restore previous commercial projects. Not like it's one or two items missing, it's most of them. Avid, why bother putting any BCC in there?

https://i1.creativecow.net/u-upload.php?del=0_mc7tomc8.jpg#

Return to posts index

Job ter Burg
on Jul 14, 2015 at 4:21:28 pm
Last Edited By Job ter Burg on Jul 14, 2015 at 4:23:36 pm

So if you had MC7 and BCC was included, that BCC plugin will still work if you upgrade to MC8.
The only time AVX compatibility was broken, was from AVX to AVX2 (a long time ago) and from MC5.5 to MC6 (from 32bit to 64bit).

So again, if you had MC7 with BCC, an upgrade to MC8 will not make your BCC useless. You can keep BCC installed. You don't have to upgrade your version of BCC when you upgrade your version of MC.

If you did not have BCC on v7, that's another story, but your post suggested you did.

Not sure what your complaint is.

Return to posts index

brian waz
on Jul 14, 2015 at 6:32:29 pm
Last Edited By brian waz on Jul 14, 2015 at 6:36:24 pm

Complaint... is I had BCC on V7 symphony, upgraded to V8 Symphony and told by the engineers that BCC was no longer included. I will quiz them again. Thanks

Return to posts index

Michael Phillips
on Jul 14, 2015 at 7:01:36 pm

Do you not have your BCC installer from v7? That is what Job is referring to - it will keep working.

Michael

Return to posts index

Job ter Burg
on Jul 14, 2015 at 9:56:10 pm

A final attempt: If you upgraded from v7 to v8, you do not loose your existing BCC version. And that BCC version that worked with v7 will work with v8. You don't need a new installer, you just keep the install you have, or if that has accidentally be deleted from your system, you re-install that original BCC version you got with v7, using the license key that you received with that.

Yes, v8 did not include BCC. But you already had it. You didn't loose that license.

Return to posts index

Michael Phillips
on Jul 14, 2015 at 11:47:01 pm

See last question in the Third Party Products in the v7 to v8 FAQ from Avid:
http://avid.force.com/pkb/articles/en_US/faq/Media-Composer-8-FAQ#General%2...

Q: I am planning to upgrade from Media Composer 6.x to Media Composer 7.0.x or 8.0.x - why am I not able to receive licenses for updated versions of 3rd party applications that were previously included?
A: In the past, Avid provided updates to some third party applications as a courtesy to customers with support contracts. Due to the expiration of contracts with certain third party partners, Avid is no longer able to distribute licenses for updated versions of the following applications:

• Avid FX
• Sorenson Squeeze
• Boris Continuum Complete (Symphony customers)
• Avid DVD

Licenses for these applications that were provided for the initial purchase will continue to work. Customers wishing to update to the latest version of these applications will need to contact the partner companies that make these products.

Note: Avid DVD was EOL (End of Life) at the end of 2013. There are no software updates available for Avid DVD.

Return to posts index

brian waz
on Jul 15, 2015 at 6:11:00 pm

THANK YOU! That's the answer I'd been unable to find on the Avid website. I couldn't get a straight answer from Boris other than there was no upgrade path when you hadn't purchased the product in the first place, it was an Avid "courtesy"... which nice at the time, leaves me without plugins that I had on Symphony 7 when upgrading to 8. Thanks again for the help

Return to posts index

Job ter Burg
on Jul 17, 2015 at 7:59:30 am

That too is incorrect. The version you got from Avid would include a serial number and Boris allows you to use that serial number for an upgrade.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]