FORUMS: list search recent posts

Clip organization in Bin & Sequence...

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dustin Schmitt
Clip organization in Bin & Sequence...
on Nov 3, 2014 at 10:57:44 pm

Hello,

THE GOAL: I want to select all clips in a bin and add them into a time line trusting that all clips have the play head at the top of each clip so I know that all of the media on the time line reflects 'ALL' of the media in the bin.

I know that if I 'select all' of the clips in the bin and hit the 'clear IN/OUT' key the clips 'IN/OUT' points will be removed, but I would like to know how to 'select all' clips and set the play head at the TOP of all of the clips. Is this possible?

Thanks!

Return to posts index

Glen Montgomery
Re: Clip organization in Bin & Sequence...
on Nov 3, 2014 at 11:24:21 pm

You won't need to set the playhead. Just clear all in/out, select all your clips in the bin, and hit the insert or overwrite key; they will all then be added to the open sequence.

Editor / Santa Monica, CA
http://coldpost.tv/

Return to posts index

Michael Phillips
on Nov 4, 2014 at 12:50:17 am

Or...

Select all clips in the bin and holding down the option (OSX) or ALT (Win) selecting AutoSequence from the bin menu. It will create a sequence of the entire sources in ascending timecode order.

Michael

Return to posts index

Scott Cole
on Nov 4, 2014 at 11:32:53 am

If you are in the SCRIPT View mode, (mode with both thumbnails arranged vertically, and a large text box for each clip in the bin) first hit Ctrl-A to select all. Then you can hit HOME, to put the play head at the top of each clip. You can than MARK IN (using the I key), or MARK OUT ((O key). You can also navigate through all the selected clips using the 1, 2, 3, and 4 buttons (Move forward and backwards 1 and 10 frames). I have a text bin view with "Name," "IN," "OUT," and "In-Out" columns which I pre-select before entering the SCRIPT View mode.

M. Scott Cole
Senior Post Production Editor
60 MINUTES
CBS News, NYC
sc6@cbsnews.com
mscottc@comcast.net

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]