FORUMS: list search recent posts

media offline

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
James Spohn
media offline
on Nov 1, 2014 at 11:49:32 pm

All my media in a Media Composer 7.0.2 project has gone offline. I think the problem may be the result of losing the project avp file. I have no idea how that happened. I tried creating a new project (with a new avp) and moving everything from the old project folder into the new one replacing the new project folders and avb, avs, and xml files with the old ones. That didn't work. I don't know how to relink everything and I can't recapture 1,840 clips again. They're all there in my OMFI MediaFiles folder but how to relink. I deleted my pmr and mdb files, sorted the files in descending date order, and let Avid rescan them. That didn't work. More clues: Some clips with rendered motion effects play. A few clips in the timelines play (both video and audio, not always paired in sync. And I can't open bins containing clips that play in the timeline. Any thoughts?

Return to posts index

Glenn Sakatch
Re: media offline
on Nov 4, 2014 at 2:19:51 am

Make yourself a new project, at the proper resolution etc.

Once that project is created, just copy the bins (.avb) that you need from the other project. Don't copy everything...just the bins, and I suppose any folders that may contain those bins.

Open your new project, you should have access to everything bin-wise.

Now you said you were using omfi mediafiles folders instead of mxf folders? (haven't used those for quite a while, but if your media isn't online, the usual culprit is the location of that folder. Unlike mxf, all your media goes into 1 big folder with omfi, so first of all, did you create subfolders in it?...you can't.

Secondly, it has to be at the root of the drive it is in, and

And finally, it has to be spelled correctly...been a while, but I believe it's

OMFI MediaFiles (someone can jump in and correct me) I think it is all caps on the OMFI (space) Capital M and Capital F, with no space between Media and Files.

If they are still offline, try loading your media tool and see if they show up there, and a relink to drive, and point avid to the drive that folder is in.

Glenn

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]