FORUMS: list search recent posts

AMA-linked audio offline

COW Forums : Avid Media Composer

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Simon Dixgaard
AMA-linked audio offline
on Oct 31, 2014 at 10:07:56 am

Hi,

So I accidentally AMA-linked 6 tracks of audio in my project from one disk. I now work on another disk, and the audio is of course offline.
The disk I had the audio on at first is now formatted, and everything's gone.

I had a back-up of the audio, and now I re-imported all the tracks correct to MXF.

I can't seem to relink my sequence to the new imported audio.

I have tried Batch Import, Relink, Consolidate/transcode, but maybe I'm doing it all wrong. Is there a way to online the files?

I'm working on MC 8.1.0, OS 10.9.5. The audio was recorded on a Zoom H6, in .WAV.

Thanks in advance.

Return to posts index

Michael Phillips
Re: AMA-linked audio offline
on Oct 31, 2014 at 12:08:02 pm

Have you tried "relink to selected" from the sequence to the newly imported file?

Michae

Return to posts index

Simon Dixgaard
on Oct 31, 2014 at 12:27:28 pm

Thank you for the answer!

I highlighted my sequence, and all the newly imported footage (2 seperate bins), and clicked on "Relink stock footage to Sequence". And it worked!

Not sure that's what you meant, but you helped me somehow.

Return to posts index

Michael Phillips
on Oct 31, 2014 at 12:37:19 pm

I have no idea as to why "link to stock footage" would work in this case, but if it did, good for you! I cannot take credit for that. :)

When you do a relink, and you get that rather large, somewhat confusing dialog box with lots of settings, there is a small check box towards the top that says "relink to selected" But you have to have sequence and whatever master clips you want to have the relinked to active.

Michael

Return to posts index

Simon Dixgaard
on Oct 31, 2014 at 3:29:30 pm

Ah. I see.. Thanks anyways :)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]